Amanda at All in His Perfect Timing has awarded us our first-ever blog award! We're so excited! Thank you! We love reading your blog, Amanda, because you write so beautifully and honestly about your journey through life. We're thrilled that you became a mom to little Luke this year!
Here are the steps to follow after receiving this award:
- Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog. (check!)
- Write down seven random facts about yourself.
- Give this award to fifteen other bloggers.
- Let them know they've won.
- Pop the award on your blog.
Seven random facts about November
1) My husband and I met while we studied abroad in Europe. We really hit it off for the first time when we randomly ended up in the same group on a trip to Paris. Our first romantic moment was under the Eiffel tower :)
2) I grew up way in the country (like a 45 minute drive to the nearest town). My cousins and I constantly got into scrapes, and I clearly remember falling out of trees, falling on rocks, and even falling off of a zip line that we made. I had tons of cuts, scrapes, and bruises, but never broke a bone or got stitches. I attribute it to St. Michael, my patron saint.
3) I love vodka martinis, extra dirty.
4) I hate babytalk and try to avoid using it. I make faces and noises and coos at my babies, but I don’t make up special words for my kids to use. Although when L makes words up herself I like to use them.
5) I have a big tattoo of angel wings with a sword on my torso. It represents Saint Michael who I have had a devotion to since I was a kid. I want to get another tattoo someday, but I don't know what I want yet.
6) My husband and I like to play tackle football either in the backyard, or on the living room floor. A has always loved football and I have been a bit slow to watch it with him. We cheer for the Packers and watching them win the super bowl last year got me a bit more interested. But playing with A is still my favorite part.
7) One of my dreams in life is to write a book. Unfortunately I don't know what I want to write it about and seem to lack writing motivation. My hope is that when our kids are a bit older I will finally dedicate more time to writing. Until then, I'll keep working on my blogging :)
Seven random facts about January
1) I love baking pie and dream of opening a pie shop/bookstore some day. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, because pie + books = sticky mess. A girl's gotta dream, right?
2) My grandparents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this month. They have 5 children, 14 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. I would very might like to help increase that last number.
3) My family had labrador retreivers when I was growing up, so I always thought of myself as a dog person. Husband and I got a cat last year, and though it was an adjustment to go from a 75 lb lab to a 7 lb cat, I'm amazed at how much of a cat person I am. My cat sits in my lap all. the. time. We should have named her Velcro. She certainly loves her mommy.
4) I have been in love with Husband since I was seven. He was the nicest boy in my second grade class. He tells me that I used to flick my pony tail in his face when we were standing in the lunch line.
5) I learned how to swing dance when I was in college. Being in swing club was one of the best experiences of my life.
6) I danced ballet for many years while I was growing up, but my first and only performance in the Nutcracker came when I was 24 and taking an adult beginner class just for something to do. The teacher asked if anyone would be interested in participating - with a sigh and eye-roll that told me most people say no - and my hand shot up and I was clearly like "pick me! pick me!." Being in the Nutcracker fulfilled a childhood dream, one I never really thought would come true. Oh, I was a clown, in case you were wondering. That's right, didn't even have to play Mother Ginger or one of the ladies at the Christmas party.
7) I just ate a fortune cookie that said: Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. Is that deep or what?!
We hereby award this award to:
St. Henry II
Rebecca at The Road Home
Faith Makes Things Possible
Making God Laugh
Lavished with Lemons
Allison at Matching Moonheads
I must have prayed for patience
Becky at Mark 12, 41-44